WHITE TIGERS TAE KWON DO
We are a registered member of the USA Tae Kwon Do Union, and are the only Olympic affiliated Tae Kwon Do school in South Texas. Students who earn a black belt from White Tiger TKD are automatically qualified as instructors as sanctioned by the World Tae Kwon Do Federation.
Proud to be “the school of choice” for TEAM USA Olympians: Nia Abdallah
Dear Parents and Students – A letter from Master Song
We are dedicated to make your TaeKwonDo experience enjoyable and satisfying. We are different from other Martial Arts schools is because of One thing, Our Instructor. What other Martial Arts schools in this area can say they graduated from TaeKwonDo University and received a black belt in Korea, birth place of TaeKWonDo.
Master Mike H. Song Receive black belt from Kukiwon- HQ of TaeKwonDo worldwide in Korea in 1983.
He has his 6th degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, 2nd degree Black Belt BuShiban Karate Do, from world famous Master Zufi in Houston Texas, his 2nd degree Black Belt in HapKiDo, his International Teaching License In TKD, and his International Referee License in TKD.
Master Song is the Stephen F. Austin State University TaeKwondo team founder, was the 3rd Best in the Nation in 1997. 2 times Fin weight State champion 1992,1993, 4x Fly weight State champion 1994-1997, Dong-ah University championship in Pusan, Korea 1997, Kyung-hee University championship in Seoul, Korea 1997, Sang Moo friendly game in Seoul, Korea 1997, 2 times Collegiate fly weight champion 1996,1997, 2 times Korean Presidental Cup fly weight champion 1997,1998, 2 times member of Texas Team, Team Capt. of Korean American Olympic festival champion in Seattle Washington, Trainer of 2000 Olympian Kay Poe, and 2nd team Ester Kim Trainer of 2004 Olympian silver medalist Nia Abdallah Trainer of US Open, US team Trials, National Champions- Robert Yoon, John Dunhart, Nia Abdallah and many Jr. national champions. Within two years since opening of Song’s White Tigers school in the Valley, Master Song already produce State, National, US open, Pan American open Champions and 2012 US Olympic Team Trials Finalist. This is first time accomplishment in Rio Grande Valley.
We have studied and trained more than 20 years as part of the requirements to qualify for the World TaeKwonDo Federation teaching license. Now our primary task is to assist you in being the best you can be. Our carefully structured programs go far beyond punching, kicking and self defense techniques. At the same time as we help develop effective self-defense skills, we provide a comprehensive program of personal development. It is our goal to raise the quality of life for all of our student in every way.
At White Tiger TKD our mission is: to provide the finest instruction in the mental, physical and character building aspects of martial arts. Second, to provide personal instruction in every class. Third, to provide the cleanest and most professional facilities in the area. Fourth, to create an environment that gives each individuals the opportunity to pursue and achieve a greater level of personal success and freedom. Your best interest is always uppermost in our minds. Our instructors are always ready to help you in any way during your training. We will be happy to discuss your progress at any time.
GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME ONCE AGAIN!!!
Sincerely, WHITE TIGER TAE KWON DO MASTER MIKE H. SONG
15 GOALS OF OUR TKD PROGRAM
Through White Tiger Training Program your child will be provided opportunities to:
- Develop a healthy, positive self-image.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop physical strength, coordination, flexibly and stamina.
- Develop self-control, discipline and independence.
- Develop intellectually through coordination of parents, school teachers and Taekwondo instructors monitoring of scholastics achievements.
- Develop focus and increase attention span through discipline.
- Practice courteous behavior and learn pro-social skills.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills.
- Develop awareness of physical fitness and good health habits.
- Develop ethical and moral values – from Eastern and Western prospective.
- Develop a respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Develop self-confidence, self-esteem and humbleness.
- Experience a high degree of success through belt ranking and developmental activities.
- Develop a sense of rights and responsibility.
- Learn to balance oneself through coordination of MIND – BODY – SPIRIT.